- Don’t allow friends of opposite sex to enter the house unless a parent is there.
- Keep conversation open and easy. Don’t be afraid to talk about the hard stuff. And don’t freak out or over-react. At least, not where they can see it.
- Put filters on all computers.
- Make sure they can’t get cable in their rooms.
- Remove the doors to the rec room.
- Get to know their friends. Make it harder for their friends to lead them astray because of their relationship with you.
- Let them know that you own their cell phone. And because it is bought and paid for by you, you have the right to randomly check their text messages.
- Install a filter on their IPhones. Safe Eyes is a good one for cell phones that can get internet access.
- Give them grace in all things. All kids are going make mistakes sometimes. They are going to deal with temptations of every kind. Let your home be a safe place for them to learn and grow and fall and get back up again.
No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind.
And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
I Corinthians 10:13